Pump station for phosphoric acid
IWAKI Nordic A/S delivers many cabinet solutions for handling aggressive, flammable and toxic liquids.
In this case, a Danish customer needed a pump station to transport 75% phosphoric acid from storage tank to proces plant
The complete pump station
Customers application details
Media: 75 % phosphoric acid (H3PO4)
Total head: ca. 40 meter
Flow: 6 m3/hour.
It was further stated that the pump station should be placed outdoors.
IWAKI Nordic A/S offered and delivered the following complete solution:
Pump cabinet in PE
Approximate dimensions: L. 1310 mm x W. 1285 mm x H. 550 mm
with 2 transparent and hinged doors and integrated collection tray.
Return to chemical tank with safety valve.
Leakage sensor for detection of chemistry in the collection tray.
Main switch in the cabinet
and the IWAKI’s MDM-25 mag-drive pump (wetted parts in CFRETFE and 5,5 kW motor)
The pump was offered with a 5.5 kW motor due to the density of the phosphoric acid.
With the 5.5 kW motor, the media can be lifted up to the specified 40 meters.
As an alternative, the customer was offered the smaller and cheaper MXM pump.
The MXM pump can lift the phosphoric acid up to 29 meters.
Optional: heat-tracing for cabinet.
The pump station was supplied with MDM-25 pump (incl. 5.5 kW motor) and complete with PVC pipes, valves, membranes etc.
As shown in the picture below, the customer preferred gray doors rather than transparent.
A complete solution from IWAKI provides security in several ways
- IWAKI’s pump stations ensure a good and safe handling of aggressive liquids
- Transparent doors allow easy inspection
- The pump stations are easy to service and maintain
- The pump stations are delivered to the customer’s specifications
- Easy communication in connection with the project. There is only one partner for design, construction / preparation, installation, documentation and service
- IWAKI’s close cooperation with alliance partners allows us to offer short delivery times and competitive prices.
Phosphoric acid (H3PO4)
The density of 75% phosphoric acid is approx. 1.57 kg/l
Phosphoric acid is a medium acid used a.o as food additive.
It is also used for the production of fertilizers and in connection with rust removal and scale deposits.
It is a corrosive and environmentally hazardous liquid that must be handled in a safe and responsible manner.
Wetted parts of PVC and CFRETFE are particularly suitable for phosphoric acid.